Nothing can ruin a great day like an oral injury or sudden dental pain. We understand, and we are here to help. For dental emergencies in or near Waterloo ON call Bayley Dental right away at (519) 895-0582. We will see you as soon as possible, and take steps to get you out of pain and back to smiling.
You probably keep first aid supplies and emergency phone numbers in your home and vehicle. However, all too often, oral care is overlooked in gathering these supplies. Make sure your first aid kit includes supplies such as sterile gauze and a topical oral pain reliever, such as Orajel. Most importantly, keep our phone number accessible. We recommend entering it in your cell phone for convenience.
Immediate care for a dental injury
Call Bayley Dental right away at (519) 895-0582. Use these first aid tips to care for the tooth or injury until you make it to our office:
- Use a cold compress or ice pack to manage swelling and pain.
- Rinse gently with tepid water or saltwater.
- Apply clove oil or oral numbing gel to the injury. Take an over the counter pain reliever if needed, but never exceed the recommended dosage.
- If a crown or other restoration is loose, you may be able to temporarily secure it using denture adhesive or sugarless gum.
- To control bleeding, apply gentle pressure using sterile gauze.
- Save any broken pieces of the tooth or restoration.
- For a tooth that has been knocked out, reinsert it in the socket if possible, but do not force it. If it cannot be placed in the socket, keep it in a sterile container filled with milk.
- If you aren’t sure what to do, feel free to ask us when you call our office.
In case of emergency, call Bayley dental at (519) 895-0582 right away.