Patient Safety and COVID-19 Office Protocols
The health and safety of our patients and staff have always been our top priority. Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, we strictly followed Infection Control and Prevention (IPAC) requirements from regulatory agencies. Now that COVID-19 is part of our daily lives, we’ve implemented many additional safety measures to keep everyone as safe as possible.
When you see us at your next appointment, things might be slightly different.
PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL:
- One day before your appointment, we’ll be asking you some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive for your appointment.
- The screening is done through an online COVID-19 screening and a consent form that you’ll receive by email or text.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
- We’re trying hard to limit the number of patients in the reception area at one time.
- Please wait in your car or outside the office. Call or email us to let us know you’re here. We’ll let you know when it’s OK to come in. You won’t be allowed to stay in the waiting area. We’ve removed most of the chairs.
- Wear a face mask, sanitize your hands, and complete COVID-19 screening when you enter.
IN THE OFFICE:
- Wear your mask at all times and sanitize your hands. We have masks available if you forget, and lots of sanitizer around the office for patient use.
- We have removed toys and magazines since its difficult to fully disinfect those items.
- There are barriers and shields at the reception desk.
- All treatment rooms have barrier doors installed to minimize airflow from the rooms to other areas of the office.
- Every treatment room has a HEPA air-purifier that filters the air for viruses, bacteria and other contaminants
- You’ll see our staff wearing more personal protective equipment (PPE) than before – such as face shields, gowns, and N95 masks when needed.
Rest assured, these procedures have all been designed to create the safest environment for you, as well as our other patients, and our team. Please contact us if there are any questions about our patient safety/COVID-19 protocols. Thank you once again for choosing Bayley Dental. We look forward to seeing you soon.